5th International Conference on Disaster Resilient Infrastructure
- Recently, the Prime Minister of India, addressed the 5th International Conference on Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (ICDRI) 2023.
International Conference on Disaster Resilient Infrastructure
- The International Conference on Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (ICDRI) is CDRI's flagship event bringing together policymakers, researchers and practitioners from across the world to strengthen the global discourse on disaster and climate resilient infrastructure.
- The International Conference on Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (ICDRI) is an annual international conference and platform to continue building an engaged global community for disaster and climate resilient infrastructure.
- Its objective is to promote research and knowledge sharing in the fields of infrastructure risk management, standards, financing, and recovery mechanisms.
- Launched by India, at the 2019 UN Climate Summit, the Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI) includes -Afghanistan, Argentina, Australia, Bhutan, Chile, Fiji, France, Germany, India, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Maldives, Mauritius, Mongolia, Nepal, Netherlands, Peru, Sri Lanka, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States of America.
- The CDRI's theme for this year's conference is related to Delivering Resilient and Inclusive Infrastructure.
Purpose of ICDRI 2023
- ICDRI 2023’s purpose is to provide a platform for member countries to engage and contribute to Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (DRI) solution pathways.
- The conference brought together infrastructure actors for building partnerships, knowledge sharing and fostering complementarity on DRI solutions, and convened DRI stakeholders for enhanced collective action on infrastructure resilience.
- It also seeks to strengthen the global discourse on disaster and climate resilient infrastructure.
- The goal of resilient infrastructure is to provide access to safer and improved livelihoods and quality of life.
Highlights of ICDRI 2023
- The Prime Minister said that since India is leading the G20 group, the CDRI will be included in many important discussions.
- This means that the solutions discussed in the CDRI will be considered at the highest levels of global policymaking.
Importance of CDRI
- Complementing the International Solar Alliance (ISA)
- The leadership of Indian for climate Action and Disaster Resilience at the global level.
- Support India’s resilient missions abroad.
- Provide opportunities for Indian infrastructure & technology firms to expand services abroad.
What are the Initiatives of CDRI?
- Infrastructure for Resilient Island States (IRIS)
- Infrastructure Resilience Accelerator Fund
As always, if you have any questions or feedback, we’d love to hear from you. You can reach us on email@example.com or
Call support - +91 78498 41445,+91 83029 72601,+91 78775 18210
Let's connect with CLASS24
🚀 Download the Class24 App here:
🚀 Telegram Link:
🚀 Facebook Link:
🚀 Instagram Link:
🚀 Twitter Link:
🚀 YouTube Link:
🚀 Youtube channels SSC
🚀 Class24 आपणो राजस्थान
🚀 Class24 RAS