The 19th edition of the Asian Games has become a very important topic for exam purposes. The examiner definitely asks 3 to 5 questions on this particular topic. So in this article, Class 24 provides the most important 30 questions related to Asian Games 2022.
1. India has signed off the 19th edition of the Asian Games, held in China with a record of ________ medals.
India finished its Asian Games campaign with a record of 107 medals, including 28 gold, 38 silver, and 41 bronze.
With this, India has also finished the campaign at fourth position.
In 2018, India won 70 medals including 16 gold.
2. Which of the following countries has topped the 19th Asian Games medal tally?
D. South Korea
The 19th Asian Games 2022 medal tally was topped by China with 382 medals including 200 Gold, 111 Silver, and 71 Bronze.
Japan ranked second with 51 gold, followed by South Korea with 42 gold.
3. Which of the following Indian badminton Men's pair created history, after winning the first-ever gold in Badminton for India?
A. Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty
B. Srikanth Kidambi and Chirag Shetty
C. Lakshya Sen and Srikanth Kidambi
D. Prannoy H S and Satwiksairaj Rankireddy
The Men's doubles pair of Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty has created history, after winning the India's first-ever gold medal in badminton at the 19th Asian Games.
They have defeated the Republic of Korea pair Choi Solgyu and Kim Wonho 21-18, 21-16.
4. A Deputy Collector in Andhra Pradesh, Jyothi Surekha Vennam has won the gold medal in which of the following sports?
India’s Jyothi Surekha Vennam has clinched the gold medal in the women’s individual compound archery event at the Asian Games in Hangzhou, China.
She defeated So Chaewon of South Korea 149-145 in the final.
With this medal, she made a hat trick to win the three gold medals at the same Asian games.
Earlier, she already won the gold having in the women’s and mixed team events.
5. In the 19th Asian Games, which of the following countries won the gold medal in men's cricket?
C. Sri Lanka
Indian Men's Cricket Team won the gold medal in the 19th Asian Games, held in Hangzhou, China.
While Afghanistan has settled for Silver and Bangladesh won a bronze medal in the final.
India's Captain: Ruturaj Gaikwad
6. India won the men's kabaddi team final at the 19th Asian Games, after defeating which of the following countries?
C. Sri Lanka
The Indian men's kabaddi team won the gold medal at the Asian Games 2022 after defeating Iran by 33-29.
7. In the 19th Asian Games, the Indian women's hockey team has signed off with bronze after beating which of the following countries by 2-1?
A. South Korea
The Indian women's hockey team has finished with bronze after beating Japan by 2-1.
While China defeated the Republic of Korea to secure women's hockey team title.
8. In the Asian Games 2022, Indian wrestler Deepak Punia was defeated by Iran's Hassan Yazdanicharati to settle for gold in which of the following categories of men's freestyle?
A. 53 Kg
B. 86 Kg
C. 90 Kg
D. 76 Kg
India n wrestler Deepak Punia lost to Iran's Hassan Yazdanicharati and was settled for silver in the men's 86kg freestyle final, at the Asian Games 2022.
9. What is the motto of the 19th Asian Games held in Hangzhou, China?
A. Energy of Asia
B. Diversity Shines Here
C. Ever Onward
D. Heart to Heart, @Future
Motto of the 19th Asian Games: Heart to Heart, @Future
Motto of the 18th Asian Games: Energy of Asia
Motto of the 17th Asian Games:Diversity Shines Here
10. The three mascots of 19th Asian Games, Congcong, Lianlian, and Chenchen, which are collectively known as _________.
A. Memories of Hangzhou
B. Memories of Nanjing
C. Memories of Hunan
D. Memories of Jiangnan
The 19th edition of the Asian Games held in Hangzhou between September 23 and October 8, 2023..
In this event, there are three mascots named Congcong, Lianlian, and Chenchen.
These three mascots have been collectively named ‘Memories of Jiangnan’.
The name is a throwback to a poem by Bai Juyi, who was recognised poet of the Tang dynasty.
11. What is the name of the medal design of 19th Asian Games?
A. Shan Shui
The 19th Asian games medals was created by artist Zhang Junjie and his team.
The medals of the 19th Asian Games are called "Shan Shui', which means mountains and lakes in Chinese.
12. What is the official theme song of the 19th Asian Games 2022?
A. Follow your dream
B. Meraih Bintang
C. The Love We Share
The official theme song of 19th Asian Games 2022 was 'The Love We Share.
13. In which of the following events, India has won the most number of medals including Gold, Silver, and Bronze, at the 19th Asian games?
In the 19th Asian Games, India finished the medal tally with 107 medals, including 28 gold medals.
While India has won the most number of medals i.e. 29 including Gold, Silver, and Bronze in the Athletics.
14. How many gold have been won by the Indian Track and field athlete, Neeraj Chopra in the Asian Games?
Indian Track and field athlete, Neeraj Chopra has won two gold’s in the Asian Games.
Firstly, he won the gold medal at the 2018 Jakarta Asian Games.
Secondly, he won the gold medal at the 2022 Hangzhou Asian Games.
He clinched gold medal with a season-best throw of 88.88m, at the 19th Asian Games.
In his overall career, he has won 8 gold medals.
15. Who among the following has been named as the women's Most Valuable Player of the 19th Asian Games?
A. Zhang Yufei
B. Li Bingjie
C. Tang Muhan
D. Siobhan Haughey
Zhang Yufei (China's swimmer) was named Women's Most Valuable Player (MVP) at the 19th Asian Games in Hangzhou.
While Qin Haiyang (Swimming, China) rewarded the Male Most Valuable Player (MVP) at the 19th Asian Games in Hangzhou.
16. How many medals have been won the India in the Shooting event at the 19th Asian Games? (Overall)
In the 19th Asian Games, India has won 22 medals including Gold, Silver, and Bronze in the shooting event.
Out of 22, 12 medals won in the team events of shooting.
At Doha 2006, India won only 14 medals in the shooting event.
17. In Asian Games 2022, India's Dressage Team won the gold in the Equestrian event after ______ years.
India's dressage team including quartet of Sudipti Hajela, Divyakriti Singh, Vipul Hriday Chheda and Anush Agarwalla won gold for India after 41 years in the Asian Games.
India had previously won three gold medals, all at Asian Games Delhi 1982.
Earlier, Raghubir Singh had won a gold in individual Eventing in 1982.
And, then added another gold medal in Team Eventing alongside Ghulam Mohammed Khan, Bishal Singh and Milkha Singh.
Rupinder Singh Brar also won the third gold medal in individual Tent Pegging.
18. India has won the maximum gold in which of the following sports event?
19. Who among the following was the Opening Flag Bearer, at the 19th Asian Games?
A. Harmanpreet Singh
B. Lovlina Borgohain
C. Ashi Chouskey
D. Both A and B
The opening flag bearers at the 19th Asian Games were Harmanpreet Singh and Lovlina Borgohain.
20. Which of the following Indian sportsperson has won the most number of medals including gold, silver, and bronze, at the Asian Games 2022?
A. APS Tomar
B. Harinder Pal Sandhu
C. Esha Singh
D. Both A and C
21. Who among the following has become the first Indian man to secure a gold medal in the 3000m steeplechase event in the Asian Games 2023 held in Hangzhou, China?
A. Avinash Sable
B. Murali Sreeshankar
C. Tejaswin Shankar
D. Jeswin Aldrin
Avinash Sable became the first Indian man to secure a gold medal in the 3000m steeplechase event in the Asian Games 2022.
Time: 8 minutes and 19.50 seconds
He also breached the record (8 minutes and 22.79 seconds) set by Iran’s Hossein Keyhani in the Asian Games 2018.
22. Indian archer, Ojas Deotale, who won the gold medal in the men's individual compound archery event in the final of Asian Games 2023, hails from which Indian city?
A. New Delhi
Indian archer, Ojas Deotale won the gold medal in the men's individual compound archery event in the final of Asian Games 2022.
He hails from Nagpur, Maharashtra.
His victory marks his third gold medal in the Asian Games 2022.
23. In which of the following Asian Games, did the Indian Women’s Kabaddi Team emerge as the runner-up and settle for silver?
A. 2022 Hangzhou
B. 2010 Guangzhou
C. 2014 Incheon
D. 2018 Jakarta
Indian Women’s Kabaddi Team won the gold medal at the Asian Games 2022.
This was the third gold medal won by the Indian women’s kabaddi team in Asian Games history.
India clinched the gold medal at Guangzhou 2010, defended its title at Incheon 2014, and finished runners-up at Jakarta 2018.
24. In which of the following sports events, India win its 100th medal in the 19th Asian Games?
A. Women’s kabaddi
B. Women’s compound individual
C. Men's compound individual
D. Men’s freestyle 57kg
India won its 100th medal i.e. gold at the women's kabaddi event, after defeating Chinese Taipei 26-25 in the final in Hangzhou.
25. Name India's athlete, who won the gold in the women’s javelin throw with a 69.92m throw at the Asian Games 2023 in Hangzhou.
A. Priyanka Goswami
B. Anju Das
C. Annu Rani
D. Jyothi Yarraji
India’s Annu Rani won the gold medal in the women’s javelin throw with a 69.92m throw at the Asian Games 2023 in Hangzhou.
Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhan Lekamge Hatarabage, with 61.57 metres throw, and China’s Huihui Lyu, with 61.29 metres throw, won silver and bronze, respectively.
Q26. In which year was the first Asian Games held?
The 1951 Asian Games, officially known as the First Asian Games were held in New Delhi, India from 4 to 11 March 1951.
27. In which Asian Games did cricket make its debut as a medal sport?
A. 1982 New Delhi
B. 1990 Beijing
C. 2010 Guangzhou
D. 2002 Busan
The team sport of Cricket became a medal sport at the 2010 Asian Games. Bangladesh won the gold medal in cricket at the 2010 Asian Games and a bronze medal at the 2014 Asian Games.
28. Who of the following is the first Indian woman to win a gold medal at the Asian Games?
A. PT Usha
B. Karnam Malleshwari
C. Kamaljit Sandhu
D. Sania Mirza
Kamaljeet Sandhu is a female Indian athlete who won gold medal at 1970 Bangkok Asian Games in 400 m race.
She ran the distance in 57.3 seconds.
She is the first Indian woman athlete to win an individual gold medal at the Asian games.
29. What has been highest rank of India in the medals tally at the Asian Games since their beginning in 1951?
30. Who is the following became the first Indian to win a gold medal in women’s heptathlon at the Asian Games?
A. Swapna Barman
B. Dutee Chand
C. Hima Das
D. Sudha Singhhe
Swapna Barman became the first Indian to win gold in the women's Heptathlon event at the 18th edition of the Asian Games.
She accumulated a total of 6026 points over two days.